Autumn Arugula Salad with Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Hazelnuts
Yield: Serves 4
Time: 40 Minutes
- 3 cups of cubed sweet potatoes
- 3 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp of dried rosemary
- 1 pomegranate
- 5oz arugula
- ½ cup hazelnuts
- ¼ balsamic vinegar
- goat cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place hazelnuts on a tray and roast for about 5 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Place sweet potatoes, garlic, olive oil and salt and pepper on a large baking dish and roast at 400°F for about 30 minus until tender.
- Seed pomegranate, you might cut the fruit in half and then hit the back of the shell with a wood spatula and the seeds easily fall out.
- Place arugula in a bowl and top off with balsamic vinegar, the roasted sweet potatoes, pomegranate seeds, roasted hazelnuts and goat cheese (if desired).